Mexican Taco(less) Buddha Bowl – Mexican Salad Recipe.
This is the salad that started it all.
My obsession with the Buddha bowl.
My obsession with eating everything out of a bowls (how did I not know how wonderful eating from a bowl could be?).
My obsession with trying to eat a plant-based diet.
This Mexican Taco(less) Buddha Bowl is where it all started …
and it’s now my go to lunch. Or dinner.
I don’t even have to stop and think about what I need to make this. Because I always have the ingredients on hand.
Brown rice. Check.
Canned black beans. Check.
The most delicious and sweetest cherry tomatoes in the world. Check.
Frozen corn. Check.
Avocados. Absolutely check!
And as much as I enjoy the final product (can you say eat the rainbow), I equally enjoy the process of putting it all together.
I find it relaxing as I slice and dice and chop and squeeze and toss and mix …
And then carefully arrange my rainbow plant-based Buddha Bowl so everything has it’s own place.
So when I eat my lunch I can grab a little of this and a little of that and so on and so on to create that perfect blended bite that has a bit of everything on the fork.
Mexican Taco(less) Buddha Bowl Salad
- 1-2 cups lettuce
- 3/4 cup brown rice, cooked
- 1 cup frozen corn (heated)
- 1/2 cup black beans (rinsed, drained & warmed)
- 1-2 cups cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/2 large avacado
- 1/4 cup onions, chopped
- 3-4 small limes
- 2 tbsp cilantro, chopped
- Chop or shred lettuce and add to bowl. Squeeze juice of 1/2 small lime and sprinkle with tsp of cilantro. Toss together.
- Halve cherry tomatoes. Mix with chopped onions and 1 tbsp of cilantro. Squeeze juice of 1/2 lime over and mix.
- Add brown rice to side of bowl. Squeeze with juice of 1/4 lime and sprinkle with tsp of cilantro.
- Heat corn in microwave (or on stove top) and add to side of bowl.
- Rinse and drain black beans. Heat 1/2 cup in microwave (or stove top). Squeeze juice of 1/4 lime on top. Add some chopped onion and cilantro. Mix. Add to bowl.
- Add tomato-onion-cilantro mixture to center of bowl.
- Slice 1/2 avocado (you can cube also). Squeeze juice of 1/4 slice of lime on top. Add to bowl.
- Squeeze juice of 1/2 – whole lime on top of bowl.
- Top with a sprinkle of chopped cilantro.
You Might Also Like: