how to make mirror image text in Microsoft Word

make-mirror-image-text-in-Microsoft-WordSo I’m flipping through my old blog posts … yeah, I do stuff like that, don’t hate me … and realized this post had the most boring of blog post intros ever.  Like in the history of time … well, make that Internet time.  I always try to add in some ‘cheek’ (oh how I wish I had an English accent.  Or could fake an English accent that didn’t sound like the Queen Mum). Previously, this post started off like a lecture.  A very boring lecture.  Hence this new overly chatty intro …
Now Professor Blogger will take over.  Try not to yawn too much.  The information is solid.

If you want to iron-on transfer numbers or words onto pillows or fabric or clothing – or whatever project you might have in mind – you need to start with mirror-image text.

Here’s my step-by-step tutorial on how to create mirror images in a Microsoft Word document using WordArt (I work with Word 2007 and/or Word 2010, depending on which laptop I can wrestle away from the kids).

Start by opening a word document, and then follow along with my screen cap instructions …

make-mirror-image-text-in-Microsoft-Word

make-mirror-image-text-in-Microsoft-Word
how-to-make-mirror-image-text-in-Microsoft-word
how-to-make-mirror-image-text-in-Microsoft-word
how-to-make-mirror-image-text-in-Microsoft-word
how-to-make-mirror-image-text-in-Microsoft-word
how-to-make-mirror-image-text-in-Microsoft-word
how-to-make-mirror-image-text-in-Microsoft-word
how-to-make-mirror-image-text-in-Microsoft-word
how-to-make-mirror-image-text-in-Microsoft-word
how-to-make-mirror-image-text-in-Microsoft-word

I used those mirror image numbers to make these numbered napkins ...

Pin it from here for future reference  …

make-mirror-image-text

facebooktwitter

Comments

1. Anonymous says

Oh, you saved me! Thank you so much for this. It was very easy to follow your step-by-step screenshots.

2. Matt Winstanley says

Thank you so much for taking the time to create this tutorial..i was pulling what little hair I have left out! Thanks again! From AZ..

3. says

I cannot express to you how thankful i am for finding this post and for your wonderful instructions!!! after two hours and muliple attempts i had all but given up on making a simple label!!!! project complete and sanity regained!! thank you !!!

4. sandy brockel says

I have Word 2007 and these steps didn’t work,,,but were enough to get me started on how to figure it out! Thanks!

5. JB says

Oh my god, thank you! I had started to give up. Nothing on the Word help list. Nothing elsewhere on the web. The text direction doesn’t allow reversals. The flip horizontal is disabled. FINALLY, this worked!

6. says

Thank you, thank you, thank you. Your tutorial helped out so much. I knew it was possible to do it there but, didn’t know how. Now back to my project. Thanks again.m

7. says

you just saved the day! been trying to figure this out for over an hour, so happy to stumble on your post – it worked like a charm! thank you thank you thank you!!!!!!!

8. elize@kindhearing.co.za says

AWESOME, for the first time with your step by step instructions I was able to understand and do it right! SMiling all the way now!!

9. Nayla says

Thank you, thank you, thank you!! This is the only set of instructions that I was able to understand and actually carry out. You made my day!!

10. says

Ok, so I DO Have a British accent and I’m so stoked about your post right now! I’ve been playing around with this for 10 minutes and finally found you. Thank you from the bottom of my British heart!

11. Nancy says

Thank you for helping me through this project it was so late at night and I couldn’t find the solution until I came across your beautiful step by step illustration.

12. Jillian says

OMG you are a GOD SEND! Seiously NO OTHER site, you tube video etc made this so easy. I was in tears I was SO stressed trying to figure this out, I was almost ready to give up. YOU MADE IT POSSIBLE!

13. Judi says

Thank you for explaining how to mirror image text! I had called Microsoft and they told me in order to do it, I would have to purchase 2013 Word (I have 2007). Thanks to you :+) I can now do it in 2007!! Mine was a little different at the end but after I flipped it vertically, it worked! My head is spinning with projects. THANK YOU!! :+)

• says

So happy to help!!! I still go back and reference that tutorial myself!!! Though, I’m using a more current Word version so it’s a bit different for me now too. I may need to update this post again!
      :) Linda